2007 Akita International Sumo Basho
|2007 Akita International Sumo Basho|
|No. of bouts||?|
|← 2006||2008 →|
The 3rd annual Akita International Sumo Basho (第三回秋田県国際相撲場所) took place on Sunday, July 1st 2007 at the Akita Budokan in Akita City. This year 24 men took part in the competition, including the reigning Yokozuna Will Van Sittert.
|Pool A||Pool B||Pool C||Pool D|
|1||Gareth Williams||Guillaume Montagnon||Nilau Elisa||Bryan North|
|2||Andy McCarthy||Mark Gatley||Jesse Kerstetter||Seth Eason|
|3||Rob Evans||Makoto Morita||Wes Schmitt||Bryan Barber|
|4||Greg Huebner||Nick Peranich||Seth Dorman||Andrew Beatie|
|5||Peter Hoover||John Lajiness||Francis Webster||Matt Hixson|
|6||Grant MacKinnon||Matt Barnacott||Ashley Thompson||Will Van Sittert|
- Each rikishi has three bouts within his pool. Even numbered rikishi will face the three odd numbered rikishi in his pool, and odd numbered rikishi will face the three even numbered rikishi in his pool.
- The two rikishi with the best records in each pool advance to the playoffs.
- In the case of tied records, head-to-head bouts will determine advancement of rikishi. If necessary, decision bouts (ketteisen) may be conducted as well.
- The playoffs will start with eight rikishi (two from each pool), and continue in a single elimination tournament.
All videos were recorded by Stephanie Boegeman
- Andy vs Rob
- Aomori Dude vs. Ash?
- Aomori Dude vs. Seth?
- Nick vs Matt
- Bryan Barber vs Will
- Gareth vs Grant
- Jesse vs Frank
- Seth vs. Will
- Aomori Dude vs Will??
- Aomori Dude vs. Will? (2)
- Ash vs Seth
- Frank vs Peter
- Greg vs John
- Guillome vs Matt
- Jesse vs Wes
- Nilau vs Ash
- Rob vs Peter
- Peter ? vs. Nick ?
- Rob vs. Grant?
- Seth Dorman vs Bryan North
- Bryan Barber vs Seth Eason
- Seth vs Frank
- Seth Dorman vs Actual Sumo Dude
- Champion: Seth Dorman
- Men's Runner-up: Ashley Thompson
- 3rd: Peter Hoover
Attendance & Profits
- 93 adults and 6 students attended this event.
- Raised ¥ 129,400 (including over ¥24,000 from the bake sale) for Everest of Apples and Room to Read.