- Farm animals. Bear, bird, cat, chicken, cow, dog, duck, frog, horse, lion, mouse, pig, sheep, snake, squirrel.
- Sea animals. Clownfish, crab, dolphin, fish, frog, jellyfish, lobster, octopus, penguin, seahorse, sea lion, shark, shrimp, squid, starfish, turtle, whale.
- Jungle animals. Alligator, bat, bird, bore, crocodile, deer, elephant, giraffe, hippopotamus, kangaroo, monkey, rabbit, rhino, tiger, wolf, zebra.
- Good Pet, Bad Pet.
- Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?.Read an easy story with colors and animals. Students repeat parts.
- Animal Cracker. Roll dice and make animal sounds.
- Animal Chant. Chant animals in a circle.
- River Crossing. Students compete by saying colors and animals.
- Evolution Game. Students ask each other how they are, play janken, and level up.
- Duck Duck Goose The classic running around a circle game.
- Pictionary. The classic drawing game.
- Fruits Basket. AKA Animal Basket.
- Chair Race.
- The Animal Sound Game.
- Ask the students for the sounds farm animals make. Their reactions are fun.
- With sea animals, ask the students if the animal is cute or yummy. Teach adjectives at the same time.
- Onomatopoeia. List of animal sounds from around the world. If you want to print, including a few countries instead of all of them, you can highlight and print selected text.
- Teaching resources
|Elementary School Topics|
|User-submitted ideas for vocabulary, games, activities, lesson plans, etc.|
|General Topics||Conversation • Lesson Resources • School Activities • Elementary School Grades|
|Lesson Topics||Fundamentals||Greetings • Introductions • Phonics • Emotions • Weather|
|General||Animals • Adjectives • Body Parts • Clothing • Colors • Food • Shapes • Fruit|
|Time||Time • Days of the Week • Months • Numbers|
|School Life||School Rooms • Classroom Objects • Subjects • Hobbies • Jobs • Sports|
|Locations||Places • Directions • Where • Vehicles • Nature|
|Holidays||Halloween • Christmas|