Christmas is a fun time to dress up as Santa and get asked for presents. Sing some songs, make an advent calendar, or teach about holidays like Eid (Islam) or Hannukah (Judaism).
- For vocabulary, consider some of the following: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, christmas tree, present, candle, Santa Claus, reindeer, sled, sleigh, snowman, snowflake, snowball, star, stocking, bells, caroler, roast turkey, Christmas lights, mistletoe, holly.
- Traditionally, Japanese snowmen are made of two balls, whereas in Europe and North America snowmen are made of three.
- Japanese already contains many English Christmas words.
- Christmas Janken. 1st-3rd grade. Christmas gestures for janken.
- Pin the Nose on the Reindeer. 1st-4th Grade. Learn simple directions and face parts.
- Snowflakes. 1st-4th grade. Make snowflakes with white paper and scissors.
- Feliz Navidad. 1st-6th grade. Sing Jose Feliciano's classic Christmas song in English and Spanish.
- Origami. 1st-6th grade. Make a stocking or candy cane.
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas. 1st-6th grade. Sing the famous song.
- Jingle Bells. 3rd-6th grade. Sing the famous song.
- Christmas Wordsearch. 5th-6th grade. Santa shaped word search.
- Christmas Colors. 1st-3rd grade. Learn Christmas vocabulary along with colors.
- The Night Before Christmas. 1st-6th grade. The classic Christmas story.
|Elementary School Topics|
|User-submitted ideas for vocabulary, games, activities, lesson plans, etc.|
|General Topics||Conversation • Lesson Resources • School Activities • Elementary School Grades|
|Lesson Topics||Fundamentals||Greetings • Introductions • Phonics • Emotions • Weather|
|General||Animals • Adjectives • Body Parts • Clothing • Colors • Food • Shapes • Fruit|
|Time||Time • Days of the Week • Months • Numbers|
|School Life||School Rooms • Classroom Objects • Subjects • Hobbies • Jobs • Sports|
|Locations||Places • Directions • Where • Vehicles • Nature|
|Holidays||Halloween • Christmas|