Districts of Akita City
Akita City has a very large area, and when someone says "Akita City", usually they mean just the metropolitan center.
- Kawabe Town (河辺) - the most rural and inland part of Akita City.
- Yuwa Town (雄和) - home to Akita International University and Akita Airport.
- Terauchi (寺内)
- Sotoasahikawa (外旭川)
- Tsuchizaki (土崎. Largest district in the north. It includes the Akita Port.
- Shogunno (将軍野)
- Kohoku (港北)
- Ijima (飯島). Includes JR Kami-Iijima Station].
- Kanaashi (金足). Includes JR Oiwake Station, and the Prefecture Musuem.
- Shinjo (新城). Divided into Kamishinjo (上新城) and Shimoshinjo (下新城)
- Higashi Dori (東通)
- Tegata (手形)
- Asahikawa (旭川)
- Shintoda (新籐田)
- Nigorikawa (濁川)
- Soegawa (添川)
- Yamauchi (山内)
- Nibetsu (仁別). Contains Opus Ski Lift, Mt. Taihei Resort Park, and the Boon indoor waterpark.
- Hiroomote (広面)
- Yanagida (柳田). Home to Akita University Hospital.
- Yokomori (横森)
- Sakura (桜)
- Taiheidai (大平台)
- Shimokitate (下北手)
- Taihei (太平)
- Omachi (大町). Includes the Kawabata Entertainment District, which includes many places described here like Club AK.
- Kyokuhoku (旭北). Contains Yamaya Food Imports Store and the city's temple district.
- Kyokunan (旭南)
- Kawamoto (川本)
- Kawashiri (川尻). Includes the prefectural prison.
- Sanno (山王). The government office district of the region, prefecture, and city. This is where the International Affairs Division and the 2nd Prefectural Building are located.
- Koyo (高陽)
- Hodono (保戸野)
- Izumi (泉)
- Senshu (千秋). Includes Senshu Park and Kubota Castle Ruins.
- Naka Doori (中通). The main shopping and business district in front of Akita Station.
- Minami Doori (南通)
- Narayama (楢山)
- Barajima (茨島)
- Yabase (八橋). Includes Yabase Park.
- Ushijima (牛島). Includes Ugo Ushijima Station.
- Oroshimachi (卸町)
- Osumi (大住)
- Niida (仁井田)
- Onoba (御野場)
- Goshono (御所野). Includes Akita AEON Mall and the city's Red Cross Hospital.
- Yotsugoya (四ツ小屋). Includes JR Yotsugoya Station.
- Kamikitate (上北手)
- Yamatedai (山手台)
- Araya (新屋). Includes the Akita Prefectural Skating Rink, the Akita Country Club, the Komachi Baseball Stadium, the Akita Prefectural Pool, and the Akita Budokan, where the annual Akita International Sumo Basho is held. The district also contains the Prefectural Motor Vehicles Testing Center.
- Katsuhira (勝平). Houses the Akita Driving License Center (see Changing to a Japanese license) and a few driving schools.
- Hamada (浜田). Contains the Omoriyama Zoo.
- Toyoiwa (豊岩)
- Shimohama (下浜). Includes the popular Shimohama Beach.
- Mukaihama (向浜). An industrial park for marine shipping.