Expanded teaching resources
- 1 Elementary Schools
- 2 Junior high school
- 3 High school
- 4 ALTs Online
- 5 Eikaiwa
- 6 General Information
- 7 The Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT)
- 8 External links
When teaching elementary school, the odds are good you won't visit every day. So, it's important to review the Course of Study and determine your goals. Do this with homeroom teachers at the beginning of the year, if possible.
Elementary school resources
- Elementary school activities. Class activities and games.
- Elementary school topics. Everything needed for a lesson by topic.
- Eigo Notebook English breakdown of lessons. Please add your ideas.
- Classroom English Phrases For Elementary School.
- Making an elementary school box. Everything you need in a box you can take to school.
- Michael's example syllabus. Sample syllabus for planning out a whole school year.
- Elementary School Songs.
- Books in the classroom. Books in English that students like.
- Dear Successor... An elementary school handbook of games for new ALTs(PDF).
- Outside Elementary Links
- Country specific material
Junior high school
Outline of junior high school English
New Horizon textbook
Junior high school resources
- Rob's example flow plans Lessons take place over several days, so keep track of the flow from one to the next.
- Meeting with your JTEs
- Teaching tips
- Outside Junior High Links
- High School Activites
- Teaching Activities Teaching materials aimed at the JET Program. Elementary, JHS, SHS, Special Needs, and related articles.
- Englipedia SHS Activities
ALTs Online is a collaborative website created and managed by ALTs. The website is for Japanese students in Akita prefecture who want to have fun improving their English with ALTs via the internet. ALTs are encouraged to join and add an introduction poster to this site. Please visit the ALTs Onlinewebsite to learn more!
- An Introduction to Second Language Acquisition for ALTs (PDF).
- In-school projects Things to do at school outside of class.
- Web 2.0
- Prefecture-wide projects Info about contests, camps, etc.
- Teaching tips The Course of Study, team teaching, lesson planning, common problems.
- Team teaching articles
The Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT)
The Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT) is a nonprofit organisation dedicated to the improvement of language teaching and learning with nearly 3,000 members in chapters and affiliates across Japan as well as members abroad.