From Akita Wiki
|Fujisato in Akita|
|Population||3,622 (as of 2013-08-01)|
|Tree||Japanese Beech (ブナ)|
|Bird||Black Woodpecker (クマゲラ)|
Fujisato (藤里町; -machi) is a town in Akita Prefecture.
On March 31, 1955, the villages of Fujikoto (藤琴村) and Kasuge (粕毛村) merged to form Fujisato Village. On November 1, 1963, Fujisato Village became Fujisato Town.
Roughly one fourth of the Shirakami Mountains World Heritage Site lies in Fujisato's borders. Although the mountains themselves spread out to other parts of the prefecture, Fujisato is the only place in Akita to have an area registered as a part of the world heritage site.
- Fujikoto Harvest Dance Festival (藤琴豊作踊). Sep. 7-8. At 浅間神社 (Asama? Shrine) on the 317 north of town hall. The festival's main attraction is the Komaodori (駒踊り) or Horse Dance. Males from the village ranging from young to old are split into two teams and dressed in fake armor with fake horses. The teams then parade around the village from around 9 AM until 6PM to 8PM, stopping at several locations to do multiple dances. These spots include the mentioned shrine, the Itoku, and an elderly care home. There are many other dances showcased, traditional flute music, and plenty of matsuri food. Adults doing the Komaodori tend to be served sake and beer throughout the day as compensation.
- Fujisatokan World Heritage Conservation Center (白神山地世界遺産センター「藤里館」) A building that explains the surrounding Shirakami Mountains World Heritage Site. Has halls which show pictures of different areas of the site, as well as a library and DVDs with information about the region.
〒018-3201 秋田県山本郡藤里町藤琴字里栗63番地 (map) ☎ 0185-79-3001, Homepage (Japanese)
- Fudou Waterfall (不動滝) One of the waterfalls in the Fujisato area, and the most accessible. This waterfall's special feature is that the area of the fall itself is a dome-like rock structure. While small, the peaceful and secluded area are a great site. Located up a hill near the Shirakami World Heritage Center, you can either park at the museum or drive up and park at an onsen where the road ends. (map)
There are three waterfalls in the Fujisato area, two of which are easily accessible from the main road through town, and have signs to direct you.
Following the road to Subari Dam will not only lead you to the damn dam, but will also bring you around to a very remote but sizable Shinto shrine along one of the tributaries that flows through the area.
- Fujisato Choei Ski Area: (藤里町営スキー場) While this ski hill might not be the most glamorous hill, it is a very cheap option. Sporting a whole total of one lift, this is just one steep hill. If memory serves me, the lift ticket is 1000円 for a short amount of time, and 1500円 for an all-day pass. There is allegedly a separate place for sledding, where once a year there is a sledding event. I have gotten conflicting accounts of whether or not there are rentals. 〒018-3201 秋田県山本郡藤里町藤琴字板清水１４９－１ (map) ☎ 0185-79-2970
- Torebian: (トレビアン） A small restaurant, often referred to by the townsfolk as the only one. The main focus is ramen, but they sell a variety of things. It is located on the same road as the town hall and Itoku and is run by a former SDF soldier.
- Hanamichi: （花道） A small izakaya. It has a bar and two rooms that fit around 8 to 10 people each. The two rooms can be made into one larger room.
- Yokoya: A typical sushi bar
- Ikoi: A stylish izakaya
- Tashiro: (たしろ） A restaurant/bar inside the Board of Education building.
- Kamoya: Closed down as a restaurant in 2016, but still open as a community center. Now often referred to as Kamoyado.
There's an Itoku grocery store that's open from 9 AM to 9 PM. It is worth noting that it is the first Itoku ever built, as the supermarket chain is a Fujisato-spawned powerhouse.
- Yutoria (ゆとりあ). Nice little onsen. Recently renovated in March 2008. Right across the street from a sweet waterfall (銚子の滝; chōshi no taki). Open 7:30-20:00. ¥400.
秋田県山本郡藤里町藤琴字上湯の沢１−２ (map) ☎ 0185-79-1070 Homepage
- Motoyu Nagominoyu (元湯 和みの湯). Renovated in 2011. Offers two small indoor baths and one rotemburo. Rotemburo rotates from men to womens on a daily basis. The rotemburo offers views on Chōshi no Taki (銚子の滝). Open 9:00-21:00. ¥300. 〒018-3201 秋田県山本郡藤里町藤琴字下湯の沢62 ☎ 0185-79-2710
- Shirakamisanroku Fujinose Onsen Ryokan (白神山麓 藤乃瀬温泉旅館). Has a small indoor bath. Open 9:00-21:00. 〒018-3201 秋田県山本郡藤里町藤琴下湯の沢７３ ☎ 0185-79-2820
- Nōson Kankyō Kaizen Center (農村環境改善センター). Open 9:00-21:00 (closed on Mondays). ¥ 200. 秋田県山本郡藤里町藤琴字下湯の沢16 ☎ 0185-79-1379
- Fujisato official website (Japanese)
|Northern Akita||Fujisato • Happō • Kamikoani • Kazuno • Kitaakita • Kosaka • Mitane • Noshiro • Ōdate|
|Central Akita||Akita City • Gojōme • Hachirōgata • Ikawa • Katagami • Oga • Ōgata • Semboku|
|Southern Akita||Daisen • Higashinaruse • Misato • Nikaho • Ugo • Yokote • Yurihonjō • Yuzawa|