Common greetings include:
- Good morning. Good afternoon. Good evening. Good night. Hello.
- Greeting Gestures.
- Hello Goodbye. 2nd-6th grade. Listen to and sing Hello Goodbye.
- Hello Circle Game. Good game for 2nd visits.
- Picture Finding Game.
- Explain "good". A comedian always adds "good" to the end of English gerunds ("smiling good") because Japanese people often add "oo" to the end of English gerunds.
- Draw a horizontal line on the board for the horizon. Add a sun coming up with an arrow indicating direction of the sun. Add a high noon sun and a sun going down indicated by an arrow. Draw a moon and stars below the line.
|Elementary School Topics|
|User-submitted ideas for vocabulary, games, activities, lesson plans, etc.|
|General Topics||Conversation • Lesson Resources • School Activities • Elementary School Grades|
|Lesson Topics||Fundamentals||Greetings • Introductions • Phonics • Emotions • Weather|
|General||Animals • Adjectives • Body Parts • Clothing • Colors • Food • Shapes • Fruit|
|Time||Time • Days of the Week • Months • Numbers|
|School Life||School Rooms • Classroom Objects • Subjects • Hobbies • Jobs • Sports|
|Locations||Places • Directions • Where • Vehicles • Nature|
|Holidays||Halloween • Christmas|