From Akita Wiki
|Hachirōgata in Akita|
|Population||6,287 (as of 2013-08-01)|
|Flower||Satsuki azalea (さつき)|
Hachirōgata (八郎潟町; -machi) is a town located in the northern part of Akita Prefecture. Hachirōgata has the smallest area of any municipality in Akita.
Hachirōgata is named after Hachirogata Lagoon, which used to be the one of the largest lakes by area in all of Japan. Beginning in the late 50's the lake was reclaimed to allow room for more farmland. Construction on the project began in 1957 with settlement beginning in 1967. The project was finished completely in 1977, and the reclaimed land is now known as Ogata village.
- Hachirōgata Elementary School (八郎潟町立八郎潟小学校)
Junior High Schools
- Hachirōgata Junior High School (八郎潟町立八郎潟中学校)
- Shirokuma Ramen (白熊ラーメン). 〒018-1605, 昼寝-２０２-２ 川崎, 八郎潟町 南秋田郡. (map). 11:00-20:30.
- Sheikh Haral Curry (シェフ ハラール カレー). ☎ 080-3320-9808. If you're heading down the 7 towards Akita City from the north, it is on your right side. If you're leaving the city, it is on your left. (map). This small and cozy curry place sells delicious Indian style curry. It serves naan that is around two feet long, fresh, and delicious. They give you so much that they hang up bags in the restaurant for you to take your leftover naan home with you. Try the A Set! It comes with two types of curry, several sides, naan, and lassi! Open every day from 11 AM to 2 PM and 5 to 9 PM. Closed on Thursdays.
- Official Website (Japanese)
|Northern Akita||Fujisato • Happō • Kamikoani • Kazuno • Kitaakita • Kosaka • Mitane • Noshiro • Ōdate|
|Central Akita||Akita City • Gojōme • Hachirōgata • Ikawa • Katagami • Oga • Ōgata • Semboku|
|Southern Akita||Daisen • Higashinaruse • Misato • Nikaho • Ugo • Yokote • Yurihonjō • Yuzawa|