Help:Editing the wiki
From Akita Wiki
This is just a brief walk-though on how to use the basic functions of the Wiki to edit an article or attach a document in that article. If you have a question, feel free to contact one of the admins, e-mail the webmaster, or post your question on the message board.
Making simple edits
So you're ready to start contributing content to the Akita Wiki! You rock! Now just follow these steps!
- First, login to your account. (If you do not have an account, head on over to Help:Creating a Wiki account to make one.)
- Now you are able to add and change things on the wiki. To do this, just choose the page you would like to edit.
- Next, click the 'Edit' tab at the top of the page or choose the exact section you would like to edit.
- After that, edit the page. Add whatever or fix what you would like.
- Last, add a comment about the change you have made (if you would like) and save the page. You are done!
Attach documents to your article
You're now editing an article and you want to upload a file to use in your article (e.g. presentations, handouts, materials). You rock even more! Follow these steps!
- Click on "Upload file" on the Wiki's sidebar.
- Click on the "Browse" button and find the file you want to upload.
Below that please enter a descriptive destination filename as well as a brief summary of the file you are uploading. Finally, click the "Upload file" button.
Please note: The maximum file size is 100 mb and the allowable file types are listed there for your reference.
- Once the file has uploaded, copy the uploaded document's filename and paste that into your article.
To include a file in a page, use a link in one of the following forms:
[[File:File.jpg]]to use the full version of the file
[[File:File.png|200px|thumb|left|alt text]]to use a 200 pixel wide rendition in a box in the left margin with 'alt text' as description
[[Media:File.ogg]]for directly linking to the file without displaying the file
You can also check out our video walk-through on how to upload your files to the Wiki.