Intensive Japanese Courses
From Akita Wiki
Every year there is an Intensive Japanese Summer Course for people who want to brush up on their Japanese before school starts. These course come highly recommended from past participants. First-year ALTs with no Japanese especially can gain a fantastic jump start on the basics through the beginner course. The Intensive Japanese Summer Course is a great way to meet Awesome ALTs from All over Akita (Alliteration Anyone?)!
Intensive Japanese Course for the JETs Summer 2017
--Supported by Akita Prefecture Board of Education--
The annual Japanese intensive course will be held in August. This will be our 16th year and the total number of participants as of 2016 is 331. If you are interested in brushing up your Japanese ability before you start working/go back to work, this course can offer you the opportunity for it. For those of you who have not studied Japanese before coming to Japan, you will gain a lot of practical expressions and learn how to use them through the course. The following is the basic information of the course. We are looking forward to seeing you and study the language together there in summer.
The following is the basic information of the course. We are looking forward to seeing you and study the language together there in summer.
- Date August 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, four days altogether.
- Venue [https://goo.gl/maps/pFSFuzqankr Akita Prefecture Life Long Learning Centre (Sanno Nakajima machi 1-1, Akita City)
- Organized by JET Intensive Japanese Course Head Office
- Supported by Akita Prefecture Board of Education
- Fee 20,000 yen for the course. The fee does not include other expenses such as meal. If preparing the fee by the course starts is difficult, you can pay by transfer after the course is finished (by August 25th. Notification needed when applying).
- Classes Participants will be divided into 3 levels of classes depending on their Japanese abilities.
- Supervisor Ritsuko MIYAMOTO Professor, Faculty of International Resource Sciences, Akita University
- Etsuko KONNO Former Instructor, Akita City Support Program for Japanese Language Tutoring
- Masahiko SATO Adjunct Lecturer, Akita University Int’l Exchange Centre
- Mika SUMI Instructor, Akita City Support Program for Japanese Language Tutoring
- Application FAX the attached application form by August 8th (Last minute application can be accepted at the venue on the 9th for people who arrive in Akita late). We will send you a map to the venue, schedule, the method of payment, etc.
- Contact E-mail: Masahiko SATO at firstname.lastname@example.org (the 3rd letter is L). Make the subject “Intensive Japanese Course”.
10:00-12:15 Opening, interview, course guidance, class, etc. 12:15-13:30 Lunch 13:30-16:50 Lesson
9:00-12:15 Lesson 12:15-13:30 Lunch 13:30-16:50 Lesson (the course finishes around 16:00 on the last day)
Aim of the Course
- Level 1 is aimed for people who have not studied Japanese before. Participants will learn such as daily expressions, basic grammar, and Japanese affair.
- Level 2 is for people who are about to finish / just finished the first half of introductory level Japanese.
- Level 3 is suitable for who are about to finish / just finished the second half of introductory Japanese.
Some of the contents of Level 2 - 3 will be decided by requests from learners.