- Common jobs. Actor, artist, babysitter, bus driver, chef, cowboy (cowgirl), doctor, engineer, firefighter, game creator, homemaker, librarian, musician, nurse, pilot, police(man\women), postman, reporter, scientist, student, teacher
- Common phrases.
- What's your job?
- What do you want to be? I want to be a ~.
- Are you a cowboy? Yes, I am./No, I'm not.
- Whose is this?
- Fly Swatter Game
- Chair Race Also knows as "Crash"
- Janken Card Collecting "Are you a doctor?" If yes gives up card.
- Ball Pass Game
- If family vocabulary have been taught you can ask "What is your mothers job?"
- This is a good time to introduce "Whose is this?" Pictures of things like a police badge or a paint brush can be shown and you can ask students "Whose is this?"
- If vehicles have been taught you can ask "Whose is this?" or "What does a pilot drive?"
|Elementary School Topics|
|User-submitted ideas for vocabulary, games, activities, lesson plans, etc.|
|General Topics||Conversation • Lesson Resources • School Activities • Elementary School Grades|
|Lesson Topics||Fundamentals||Greetings • Introductions • Phonics • Emotions • Weather|
|General||Animals • Adjectives • Body Parts • Clothing • Colors • Food • Shapes • Fruit|
|Time||Time • Days of the Week • Months • Numbers|
|School Life||School Rooms • Classroom Objects • Subjects • Hobbies • Jobs • Sports|
|Locations||Places • Directions • Where • Vehicles • Nature|
|Holidays||Halloween • Christmas|