The art of Japanese swordsmanship is one of the oldest and most well-respected martial arts in Japan. If you're ready for a serious challenge and hardcore workout, stop by your local club and give it a try!
Showing up to a dojo unexpectedly is considered rude, so please be sure to make contact with the dojo beforehand. The kendo community is quite tight-knit, so finding a teacher or someone in the community that can hook you up is a quick and easy way to get started.
(contact Tierra for specific contact info)
- Hirasawa Elementary School kendo club (including Innai Elementary)
- Where: Nikaho Budokan
- When: most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
- Nikaho Junior High School Kendo club
- Where: Nikaho Junior High dojo
- When: every day after school
- Konoura Junior High School Kendo club
- Kisakata Junior High School Kendo club
|Entertainment in Akita|
|Sports||Running • Bicycling • Soccer • Basketball • Cricket • Ground Golf|
|Martial Arts||Kendo • Kyudo • Judo • Naginatado • Karatedo • Sado|
|Outdoors||Hiking/Climbing • Camping • Rafting • Skiing and snowboarding|
|Leisure||Onsen • Movies • Museums and zoos • Ramen shops • Akita beer • Doburoku • Cigar stores • Festivals • Arcades • Taiko|