- Make groups of 6.
- Groups come up with good and bad things for each category that will be used for the MASH game. Write a list of their ideas on the board.
- Demonstrate with the JTE how to play using a blown up MASH sheet.
- Write your name.
- Write 2 good options in each category and have the JTE write two bad options in each category.
- The JTE makes pen dots until you say stop.
- Count the number of dots and then starts eliminating options by counting through the categories. For example, if there are 3 dots, starting on the home category count 1,2,3 and cross out the 3rd option.
- Continue eliminating until there is only one future in each category.
- Now pair off the students and ask them to predict each other's futures. Students write out their friend's future in full sentences.
- Common categories include car color, car type, number of children, place of honeymoon, high school they'll attend, boyfriends/girlfriends, and what they'll eat for dinner.