Omonogawa (雄物川) is a district in Yokote City, Akita, Japan. There are no chain restaurants and many wonderful locally owned shops. Be sure to walk down to Riverside Park to take a look at the kawa from where this town got its name. It's gorgeous.
- Yellow Restaurant- it's located across from the smaller park (not the riverside park), catycorner from the used car lot. It's yellow. Good spaghetti and meat sauce and gratin. Actually all of their food is awesome.
- Timely/ Communication Space- it's a short walk from the BOE. They have lots of delicious favorites.
- Yakisobayasan- located on Main Street across an alley from the pharmacy. It's a newer gray restaurant. They serve delicious yakisoba at great prices.
- Yuki yakitoriyasan- Next to Cho Colon/ Florence. They have yakitori and soba and beer.
- Izakaya in Florence- It's in the same building as Florence. The owner is very friendly to JET's and will usually give you a free dish and drink on your first visit. I suggest the gobo chips.
- Ramen shop- On Main Street, sort of across from the kakigori shop.
- Kakigori shop- Also on Main Street. Look for the gas station and the 100yen jido hanbaiki. Owned by a cute obachan and her younger sister. They love ALT's and have ALT's signatures going back generations. She will probably take your picture.
- Sobayasan- This is on the road that goes from the post office to Main Street. They have soba.
|Hiraka • Jūmonji • Masuda • Omonogawa • Ōmori • Sannai • Taiyū • Central Yokote|