What time is it, Mr. Wolf
|Listen for the time and play tag.|
|Target level||ES 1 - 3|
- Bring a giant clock to school and you teach the kids about time. Teach "o'clock", "breakfast time", "lunch time", and "dinner time."
- Teach "What time is it, Mr. Wolf?"
- Students line up at the far side of the gym. The students ask you, "What time is it, Mr. Wolf." You are Mr. Wolf. You answer, "It's 3 o'clock." or whatever time you want. The students have to take that many steps forward (3, in this case).
- Once they get close enough, when they ask "What time is it, Mr. Wolf?", you answer, "It's dinner time." and then you tag a student and the student becomes Mr. Wolf.
- If you don't manage to tag a student during dinner time, you look kind of silly.
- The game starts with the teacher being the wolf. The students choose a key time when the wolf can tag them, i.e. 12 o’clock. Students hold hands and stand in a circle around the wolf, and ask in unison “What time is it Mr. Wolf?” The wolf answers, ‘It’s ___o’clock.’ If the wolf does not answer with the key time, students say, “We are safe!” and continue to ask the wolf, ‘What time is it Mr. Wolf?” If the wolf answers with the key time, then the wolf can run and tag a student, who becomes the next Mr. Wolf.