Ball Pass Game
|Good activity for question response practice.|
|Target level||ES 1 - 4|
- Teach a vocab list and related question.
- Have the students sit in a circle.
- Give two students each a item to pass (tennis ball, stuffed animal) on opposite sides of the circle.
- Explain when you play music, students pass the item. When the music stops, who ever has the item must come to the center of the circle.
- Have the two students with the item stand in the middle of the circle and help give an example of the game.
- The two student's play "paper, scissor, rock". The winner gets to ask the target question. The loser has to answer the question.
- Students can either pick their favorite answer, or name the picture the teacher is holding up.
- The students always want to know which direction to pass the item. Marutoki means clock wise.
- After the students understand the example, play music and start the game.
- With younger kids, they might cry if they don't get a chance to play. To ensure everyone plays, have the kids stand up to pass the item and sit down after they have a turn. The circle will get smaller each round in till everyone has had a chance to play.
- If you forget to bring a CD the teacher always have something they can play.
- Try using fast music and slow music. The student can pass to the rhythm.
- Try to get the students to clap while waiting to get passed to.