|Also knows as "Crash" or "Janken Race Game". Two teams race to say vocabulary words.|
|Target level||ES 1 - 6|
|Activity time||5 - 10 minutes|
- Put 10 or so flash cards face down on a row of chairs.
- Make two teams and put one at each end of the chairs.
- One student from each team goes at a time.
- The student starts with the first chair, looks at the flash card, says it, and puts it back down, and moves to the next chair. If students don't know a word, they can ask their team for help.
- When two students meet, they play janken. The loser goes to the back of his team's line.
- As soon as one student loses, the next student from his or her team starts.
- If a student reaches the other end of the chairs, that student's team gets a point.
- Play for 5-10 minutes.
- This game can be used with any vocabulary.
- For a big class, make two separate games. The ALT runs one game, and the JTE runs the other.