|Play janken and ask questions to win lives.|
|Target level||ES 4 - JHS 2|
- Learn the vocabulary beforehand.
- Make a worksheet. Suppose we're studying sports, so it might have the following information. Use pictures.
- Do you play ~?
- Yes, I do.
- No, I don't.
- Circle three sports: soccer, baseball, basketball, hockey, volleyball, table tennis.
- Lives: IIIII.
- Give each student a worksheet.
- Each student circles three sports.
- Students stand up and talk to each other.
- They janken. The winner asks the loser, "Do you play soccer?" If the loser has circled soccer, the winner gets a life and the loser loses a life. If the loser hasn't circled it, nothing happens.
- Play for 5 minutes and see how many lives each student can win.
- In elementary school, you need pictures on your worksheet. They're a good idea in junior high school too.
- Substitute other nouns or verb phrases for sports. Replace the question and answers.