|Go to corners of different numbers and hope the teacher doesn't choose theirs.|
|Target level||ES 1|
- Print off 4 signs "0-5", "6-10", "11-15", "16-20".
- Bring one set of number karuta cards.
- The ALT puts one number sign in each corner of the room.
- The homeroom teacher closes their eyes
- The students pick a corner to stand in.
- The ALT holds shuffles the karuta cards and the homeroom teacher chooses one.
- The ALT reads out the number of the card chosen.
- Students in corner containing the number read are out and sit down.
- The teacher closes her eyes again and the students change corners.
- The process in repeated until there is one student left as the winner.
- Sometimes it will be necessary to declare the remaining few students the winners.
- Side-Side Game. Use only the left and right side of the room. Each round, assign a number to each side of the room. Students stand on the side they think you'll choose.