Head Shoulders Knees and Toes
|The classic song.|
|Target level||ES 1 - JHS 1|
- Stand up.
- Sing Head Shoulders Knees and Toes. Head shoulders knees and toes. Head shoulders knees and toes. And eyes and ears and mouth and nose. Head shoulders knees and toes.
- Sing it several times, changing things every time. For instance, do it slower or quieter or louder or faster.
- The last time, sing it very fast.
- Students all know the gestures, but they often don't know "And eyes and ears and mouth and nose." So, practice that section separately.
- Students may think that "toes" means 「足」 (feet), unless you explain otherwise.
- Kids really enjoy when you alter the pace. Try progressing from really slow to super fast! Once the kids are familiar with the vocabulary you can introduce the song.
- If you're getting bored with just the song, try adding emotions. Pretend you're "happy," "sad," "angry," "tired," etc.