Spin the bottle
|Target level||ES 5 - 6|
This game is an adaption of the original. It is suitable for 5th-6th grade ES students and JHS.
- Get a bottle, glass is best, and decorate it with stickers.
- Print appropriate pictures to match the prases. MES English is good.
- Get 2 dice.
- Teach new phrases:
- I love you. (私は愛する)
- Be my Valentine. (私のバレンタインになって下さい)
- You're beautiful. (あなたはきれい)
- Be mine. (私の特別な人になって下さい)
- I'm yours. (私はあなたのものです)
- No, thanks. (ごめなさい)
- Write numbers 1~6 beside each phrase/picture.
- Have the children sit in a circle; boys and girls evenly mixed.
- ALT spins the bottle twice to select 2 children of opposite sex.
- The 2 children stand up and get a die each.
- The number on the dice corresponds to a phrase on the board.
- The children must say the phrases to each other. The lower number speaks first.
- Next each student spins the bottle once to select a new student each.