The "What's Your Name" Song
|Target level||K 4 - ES 6|
The song is from Genki English but you can still do the activity without the materials.
- Listen to (or sing) the song all the way through until the students are comfortable with the words and tune.
- Line the students up into 2 long lines facing each other.
- Line A starts and Line B echoes filling in their own name at the appropriate part. They say, “Nice to meet you” together and shake hands.
- The student at the front of line B moves to the end and the line moves down so the students have a new partner.
- Lines are compete with each other to see which is the loudest.
- The What's Your Name Song can be found at Genki English http://genkienglish.net/namesong.htm.