|Write birthday cards to friends or family.|
|Target level||ES 5 - 6|
Make a birthday card for your friend or relative at home.
- Buy or make a birthday card. Make one yourself by finding a good cover image on the internet and adding some text. Because you scan the card later, put the image and all signatures on the same side of the card.
- Sign the card yourself.
- Teach your students a few ways to sign a birthday card.
- Happy birthday, George! Love, Douglas.
- I hope your birthday is fun. Sincerely, Jeff.
- I love you! -AJ.
- Yours, Calvin.
- From, Nirvana.
- Ask your students to sign the card. Write messages in English. Write messages in Japanese. Sign names in English and Japanese.
- After class, scan the card. E-mail it to your relative on right day.
- After your relative replies, ask your relative to reply again with more information.
- Favorite food, drink, sports, hobbies, and music.
- Picture of self and anything interesting.
- Where your relative lives.
- After your relative replies, read the reply to your class. Translate parts that need translating. Show the pictures.
- Only tell some of your friends and relatives about it. Use the other friends and relatives for a different class.