|Beer pong for the classroom.|
|Target level||ES - JHS|
|Activity time||20 minutes|
This activity can be used as a general activity for the classroom and can be adapted to suit what they students are learning.
- Ping pong balls
- Plastic cups
- Sweets, chocolates (optional)
- Pre-planned phrases, questions, answers etc
- If you know how to play beer pong then this is exactly the same except there is no beer in the cups.
- Replace the beer with sweets/chocolates or write English words and phrases on a piece of paper and place in a cup.
- Set up the tables and amount of cups according to the size of the class.
- Place candy or chocolates into the cups but not all of the cups.
- This works well with a small group of students.
- Place English words, phrases, grammar points inside the cups and it can be used to review what the students have learnt so far.
- Check out this video.
- This can also be used as a way to determine points for a team if you are playing another game/activity in the class.
- If they miss then they get no points and if they get a ball in a cup they get the points associated with that cup.
- Instead of using dice you could get them to throw a ping pong ball into a cup.
- This game was adapted from the drinking game beer pong.
- This activity was created by Chey Parlato (Yurihonjō ALT, 2014- present)