|Simple fruit shopping.|
|Target level||ES 1 - 3|
- Make pairs. Half the pairs are buyers, and half the pairs are sellers.
- Give each selling pair a pile of fruit cards, so one pair has apples, another oranges, etc. Put the cards face up on the desk.
- When you say "Go!", the buyers go to a group and buy the fruit. The dialog should be like this.
- (Buyers) Hello.
- (Sellers) Hello.
- (Buyers) Apple, please.
- (Sellers) Here you are.
- (Buyers) Thank you.
- (Sellers) Thank you.
- After the buyers get the fruit, they put it on their desks and go buy other fruit.
- Do this for 3 minutes.
- In the above game, it's more like a fruit giveaway. But it works well anyway.
- Use any topic where shopping is appropriate -- for instance, food, drinks, and clothes.
- Use paper money. For instance, buyers have a stack of $1 bills, and all fruit costs $1.
- Use different expressions. For instance, "I want an apple." Or, "I would like an apple."
- The first group to collect one of each fruit for sale is the winner.