This activity can help reinforce syllables.
- Divide a piece of paper into four sections, in each section write a season.
- Ask the students for seasonal words for each section.
- Winter: skiing, skating, ice hockey, snowman, ice.
- Summer: swimming, fishing, rose, violet.
- Fall: jogging, American football, rugby, hiking, leaves, pumpkins.
- Spring: baseball, tulips, cherry blossoms.
- Students can organize words found in their textbook.
- Give the students 3-4 international haiku examples.
- Have the students choose a favorite season and write a sentence for it.
- Have the students add 2 more lines to make their story.
- Haiku is generally written on three lines.
- It is not necessary that it follow the 5-7-5 syllable pattern, but each line should be short.