Hello Circle Game
|Practice introductions in a circle.|
|Activity time||10 minutes|
- Tell the homeroom teacher that you will need an open space with chairs for every student.
- Make sure the homeroom teacher understands his/her role in the game.
- Have the students sit with chairs in a circle.
- The ALT starts the game by going up to one student and introducing themselves by saying: “My name is Mr. ALT.
- The student replies: "My name is Japanese Student. Nice to meet you.”
- Mr. ALT and Japanese Student shake hands.
- That student stands up and introduces him/herself to another sitting student.
- The ALT does the same.
- At this point, there will be 4 people standing (ALT and 3 students).
- These 4 go to 4 people sitting and introduce themselves.
- This continues until all the students are standing.
- At this point, the JTE gives a signal (blow a whistle, shake a tambourine) and the students and ALT have to find a chair to sit in.
- The student left standing is now the one to start the cycle again.