Janken up the Ladder
Directly before class write the greetings on the board in progression:
- Good Morning
- Good Afternoon
- Good Evening
- Good Night
- The students walk around to find a partner.
- Everyone starts with Good Morning.
- They pair Janken.
- They greet each other with Good Morning.
- The winner gets to move on to the Hello with the next partner and the loser has to use Good Morning again.
- The student move around the room greeting each other and progress through the greetings.
- When the student reaches and uses Good Night they get to sit down.
- As motivation, time the class to see how long it takes them to sit down. Then do the activity again and have them try to beat their time.