Kamikoani JHS English Camp
Kamikoani Junior High School has held an English camp each year since 2016.
|Travel expenses||¥5,120 × 4||¥20,480|
|Teaching materials & supplies||¥10,000|
|Food||ALT lunches ¥1,000 × 4 × 2||¥8,000|
|Bento (breakfast, dinner)
¥1,000 × (25 + 5 + 4) × 2
|Onsen||¥500 × (25 + 5 + 4)||¥17,000|
|Futons rental||¥2,300 × (25 + 5 + 4)||¥78,200|
- The above budget is for 25 students, 5 staff, and 4 ALTs.
- Kamikoani pays ¥40 per kilometer for travel expenses. Round trip to Akita City is 128km, hence ¥5,120.
- Guest teachers can purchase materials and be reimbursed (both prior permission and receipts required).
Note: Receipts should only list items to be reimbursed.
After the event, we give an English questionnaire to the guest teacher. We use the feedback to improve the event the next year. We distribute these questionnaires immediately after the event and ask them to be returned within a few days.
- How satisfied were you with English Camp?
- What did you like most about English Camp?
- What did you like least about the English Camp?
- How helpful were the homeroom teachers during your activities?
- Was there anything you needed for your activities that wasn't available?
- Prior to the event, what could have been explained better to help your preparations?
- Was the lesson/cultural activity time length too long, too short, or about right?
- How was the food? (school lunch, dinner and breakfast)
- Do you have any suggestions to make English Camp better next year?
- Is there anything else you'd like to share about the event?