London Bridges Falling Down
Acquire a copy of the song London Bridge is Falling Down.
- Have the students form 2 circles — one circle with the ALT and one with the homeroom teacher.
- The ALT and a student forms a bridge for one circle and the homeroom teacher and a students forms a bridge for the second circle.
- Play London Bridge is Falling Down.
- As the song plays students walk in a circle under the bridge.
- At the phrase, "my fair lady" The bridge comes down and catches a student.
- This student is asked, "What’s your name?"
- The student caught switches with the student forming part of the bridge.
- The song is played again.
- The question, “ What’s your name?” can be asked by either the teacher or the circle of students.