|Activity time||20 minutes|
- Bring blank paper (you can pre-fold it to save time during class)
- Tell the homeroom teacher that you want to use paint.
- Demonstrate for the homeroom teacher so that s/he can help you explain.
- Show the students how to write their names in Romanji.
- Let the students practice writing their name.
- Give each student a piece of paper.
- Have the students fold it in half, lengthwise.
- The students write their name on the folded line (The bottom of the letters should touch the folded line, without going over it).
- Next, have the students paint their written name.
- While the paint is still wet, fold the paper in half again.
- Press the paper flat, so the image moves to the other half of the page.
- Open up the paper and the students will have a symmetrical image of their name.