|Practice "Hello, my name is ~." and make name tags.|
|Activity time||20 minutes|
This is a great activity for the first time you visit a school as a way to learn the students names.
- Cut out name-sized cards
- Put to hole punches in the top of the card and add string.
- Inform the elementary school homeroom teacher that the students will need to bring art supplies.
- Pack a CD with happy music.
- Bring a list of students names (in a format you can understand)
- Play music softly.
- Prepare a list of students names before hand.
- Teach your students to say "Hello, my name is ___________"
- Have them practice in pairs to keep them busy...
- As students become ready, have them approach you, say "Hello, my name is ____________" and then you write their name in Romaji on their card.
- Afterwards, students can decorate their name tags.
Variation For Higher Level Students
- Have students practice writing their names in romaji in a notebook
- ALT/Homeroom Teacher checks the students romaji for mistakes.
- When students are able to correctly write their names in romaji, hand out a name card and let them make and decorate their name card.