|Students trade playing cards until they get a straight.|
|Target level||ES 2 - 3|
- Make groups of 4-5 student and give each group a set of number cards that contain four of each number. A deck of cards can be used, by removing the face cards. The groups sit in a circle.
- Put the counters in the middle. There should be one less counter than students.
- Shuffle the cards and deal out 4 cards each.
- The goal is to collect 4 cards in numerical order, for example, 5, 6, 7, 8.
- Cards are passed in a chorus, “one, two, three, pass”. An unwanted card is passed to the person on the right.
- Repeat this until someone has collected 4 cards in order. That student then takes a counter form the center of the circle as secretively as possible.
- Once this happens, the others grab a counter, even if their own cards aren’t in order yet. The student who doesn’t grab a counter loses that round.
- The student who took a counter first shows his cards to the group.
- Play again.