- List the words you want to use.
- Write each word in syllable form, example: “po ta to” in large letters on cards.
- Divide the class in half, facing each other.
- Show the word only to one half of the class. Because there are 3 syllables in this word divide this half of the class into three sections.
- The students who see each syllable shout their syllable in unison.
- The other half of the class guesses the word.
- Once the students have practiced all the words they can move on to a group activity, challenging another team.