Unlucky Number 13
|Count up to 13 by 1s, 2s, or 3s, trying not to say 13.|
|Target level||ES 2 - JHS 1|
In English-speaking cultures, the number 13 is often considered an unlucky number. This game teaches this at the same time as practicing the other numbers
- Each student has to at least say one number, but can say up to 3 numbers
- The first student has to start with 1 but can also say 1,2 or 1,2,3.
- Then the next person has to start with the following number.
- The pattern continues until 13 is reached.
- The student who has to say 13 is out.
- The next student starts at 1 again.
- Play until there is only one student left.
- In the above version with 2 players, the second player can always win. Bonus points for proving this.
- Play up to 21, or any other number.