Guess that Number! (Price is Right)
|Bring a variety of items in a number bag (backpack), and have students guess in teams the number of each item.|
- Make teams -- rows or groups, depending on class size.
- Show the students the number bag (a backpack with many pockets).
- Take one item out of a pocket. Tell the students to "guess how many?"
- The students then discuss in English by saying any number from 1 to 20 and the person in the front row gives the group's answer.
- Next the person in the front row goes to the back and everyone moves up.
- Continue and the team with the most correct guesses is the winner.
- Heavy books (have each group leader hold the bag).
- Big Legos.
- Sports cards, cartoon cards, stickers.
- Markers, crayons, color pencils.
- Stuffed animals, characters.
- Other interesting items your students know and love.
- In small classes, everyone guesses.