Junior high school activities (Orientation 2008)
In order to successfully propose activities to your JTE:
- Be proactive about making a habit of meeting with your JTE to discuss upcoming classes.
- Because school life can be busy during working hours, it might be a good idea to come in before the morning meeting or to come in after club activities are finished, doing one of these two things will help your meetings be productive.
- Make yourself aware of what grammar points students know already and of what grammar points students are currently studying. (The JHS lesson resources page is a good resource for figure this out.)
- Explain to your JTE which of the 4 "English Course of Study" skills (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) your activity improves.
- Budget enough time for giving a good explanation of your activity.