- Common words. Sunny, hot, cold, snowy, rainy, windy, cloudy, fine, foggy, stormy, hail, thunder and lightning, partly cloudy, partly sunny, beautiful day, clear sky.
- Common phrases.
- How's the weather? It's sunny.
- Is it rainy? Yes, it is./No, it's not.
- If teaching "foggy", relate the word to "fog light". Most teachers and some students know about fog lights on cars.
- You can teach different storms by using pictures of extreme weather. For example, rainstorm, hailstorm, windstorm, thunderstorm, lightning storm, and snowstorm. You can also show the rainy flash card and combine it with a stormy flash card to have the students say rainstorm.
- How was the weather on Sunday? Put the weather cards under days of the week.
- How is the weather in Canada? Brazil? Match up weather cards with country cards.
|Elementary School Topics|
|User-submitted ideas for vocabulary, games, activities, lesson plans, etc.|
|General Topics||Conversation • Lesson Resources • School Activities • Elementary School Grades|
|Lesson Topics||Fundamentals||Greetings • Introductions • Phonics • Emotions • Weather|
|General||Animals • Adjectives • Body Parts • Clothing • Colors • Food • Shapes • Fruit|
|Time||Time • Days of the Week • Months • Numbers|
|School Life||School Rooms • Classroom Objects • Subjects • Hobbies • Jobs • Sports|
|Locations||Places • Directions • Where • Vehicles • Nature|
|Holidays||Halloween • Christmas|