This page is dedicated to providing teaching resources to ALTs in Akita.
Junior High School
- Junior high school lesson resources
- Junior high school activities
- High school entrance exam
- English Posters
Senior High School
Other teaching environments
- Books in the classroom
- Materials Clip-art, materials by country, links to ESL teaching sites.
- Music in the classroom
- In-school projects Things to do at school outside of class.
- Prefecture-wide projects Info about contests, camps, etc.
- Classroom Japanese Fun Japanese for your class!
- The high school entrance exams
Grant System for TEFL Certification
CLAIR is providing partial grants to selected JET participants who wish to improve their English teaching skills by obtaining online certification for Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). Those interested should check the JET Programme Website for more information on the Grant System for TEFL Certification.
The Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT)
The Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT) is a nonprofit organisation dedicated to the improvement of language teaching and learning with nearly 3,000 members in chapters and affiliates across Japan as well as members abroad.
- Teaching tips The Course of Study, team teaching, lesson planning, common problems.
- Team teaching articles
- An Introduction to Second Language Acquisition for ALTs (PDF).
- Expanded teaching resources Another page for browsing this information.
- Teaching Materials Collection - CLAIR Publication with lesson plans and ideas.