From Akita Wiki
Nishime (西目町; -machi) is a district of Yurihonjō, Akita, Japan.
- On April 1st, 1889 the villages of Nishime, Deto, Numata and Amahagi all merged into Nishime Village.
- On September 1st, 1975 the village of Nishime gained town status.
- On March 22nd, 2005 Nishime Town merged with Honjō City, and the towns of Chōkai, Higashiyuri, Iwaki, Ouchi, Yashima and Yuri to form Yurihonjō.
- Flower Festival (桜・菜の花まつり). From the end of April to the start of May.
- Nishime beach opens. The middle of July.
- Sunflower Festival (ひまわりまつり). At the end of July.
- Health Marathon (健康マラソン). At the start of September.
- Apple Festival (りんごまつり). From the start of September until the end of November.
- Kashiwa Onsen (かしわ温泉). ☎ 0184-33-2259. SE of Nishime Station. 秋田県由利本荘市西目町西目字釜ヶ沢９６－５. Facilities include a large indoor bath, a jacuzzi bath, a sauna and a cold bath. ¥300. 9AM-8:30PM.
- Nishime Elementary School (西目小学校).
- Nishime Junior High School (西目中学校).
- Nishime High School (西目高等学校).
|Year||Nishime Elementary||Nishime Junior High||Nishime High|
|Chōkai • Higashiyuri • Honjō • Iwaki • Nishime • Ouchi • Yashima • Yuri|