Higashiyuri (東由利町; -machi) is a district of Yurihonjō, Akita, Japan.
- On July 23rd, 1955 the Yuri district villages of Shimogou (下郷) and Toomai (玉米) merged into Higashi Yuri village.
- On April 1st, 1974 the village of Higashiyuri gained town status.
- On March 22nd, 2005 Higashiyuri town merged with Honjō city, and the towns of Chōkai, Iwaki, Nishime, Ouchi, Yashima and Yuri to form Yurihonjō.
- Higashiyuri Michi no Eki | This roadside station has a mini supermarket, area for locally grown produce and products, pharmacy, and a couple places to eat during lunch. | 〒015-0211 秋田県由利本荘市東由利老方畑田28 | Open 9AM-7PM
- お食事処やしお Yashio | Restaurant | Come by for some Japanese dishes or to try the local specialty; French duck! | 〒015-0211 秋田県由利本荘市東由利老方畑田２８ 黄桜温泉湯楽里 (between the Michi no Eki and Onsen) | 11AM-9PM
- いこい食堂 Ikoi | Family owned ramen and teishoku restaurant | 〒015-0211 秋田県由利本荘市東由利老方四ツ眼32-2 (Next to the Lawson down the road from the Michi no Eki) | Lunch hours, closes early
- Yashio Rest Forest | Golf Course, trails, and a great place to view kizakura in spring | Park here and walk to the Yashio dam down the road for spectacular views and hikes. | 〒015-0232 秋田県由利本荘市東由利田代深山
List of all Yurihonjo festivals
- Snow Story (雪ものがたり). This snow festival takes place in the middle of February.
- Yellow Cherry Blossom Festival (黄桜まつり). This festival is at the start of May.
- Yashio Autumn Colours Festival (八塩紅葉まつり). Takes place at the end of October.
List of all Yurihonjo onsen.
- Kizakura Onsen Yurari (黄桜温泉・湯楽里). ☎ 0184-69-2611. In the Michi no Eki on Route 107.. 9AM-9PM.
- Wakabayashi Onsen (若林温泉). On Route 284 close to the border with Ouchi.. 9AM-9PM.
- Higashiyuri Junior High School (東由利中学校).
- Higashiyuri Elementary School (東由利小学校). Opened 2011.
- Takase Elementary School (高瀬小学校). Closed 2011.
- Yashio Elementary School (八塩小学校). Closed 2011.
- Eikei Nursery School (永慶保育園).
- Midori Nursery School (みどり保育園).
In April 2011 (平成23), Yashio Elementary School closed. Its students were sent to Takase Elementary School, which was given the name Higashiyuri Elementary School.
The main roads that service Higashi Yuri are Route 107 and Route 398. There is infrequent bus service connecting to Honjo and Yokote. Higashiyuri is not on a train line, and like all of rural Akita, taxis are quite expensive. If you are drinking, daiko is a good option.
- Higashi Yuri official website (Japanese).
|Chōkai • Higashiyuri • Honjō • Iwaki • Nishime • Ouchi • Yashima • Yuri|