From Akita Wiki
- Starting to work on your resume? Here's a great place to start: http://www.jetresumes.blogspot.com/
- Pay your bills. The meters (gas, electricity sometimes water) can be read on your last day with bills paid in cash on the spot. Get your supervisor/office to call the utility company and have them send a man to your apartment.
- Don't forget NTT (dial 116, they have an English line), but don't disconnect the line unless it's yours to disconnect!
- Cancel internet connections and return rented equipment.
- Cancel cell phone.
- Pay for and cancel or redirect newspaper subscriptions, magazines, satellite TV subscriptions.
- Pay rent.
- You can have your mail redirected to any address in Japan for free, for one year. Ask at the Post Office.
- Before closing your bank account, make sure all bills are paid.
- Send your possessions well in advance of leaving.
- Get rid of trash.
- Leave your successor detailed notes of the syllabus you used, especially for elementary school. Use this form from CLAIR, it's quite good!
|Leaving JET Checklist|
|Finances||Pension Refund • Pension book • Selling your stuff • Return tickets • Shipping items home • Disposing of a Car|
|Career||Returners Checklist • Preparing your resume • Preparing your Japanese resume • Working in Japan|
|After Leaving||Reverse culture shock|