- Square, circle, triangle, rectangle, heart, diamond, oval, moon, star.
- Shapes pair well with colors.
- Show children pictures of art and ask them what shapes they see. Also good for review of color. For example, consider art by Richard Serra, Andy Goldsworthy, Janet Echelman, Mondrain, Pablo Picasso, Takashi Murakami, and others.
- Words like "oval" and "rectangle" are best taught to students who already studied them in math class.
- Polygon Tag. Students listen for and run to shapes on the ground.
|Elementary School Topics|
|User-submitted ideas for vocabulary, games, activities, lesson plans, etc.|
|General Topics||Conversation • Lesson Resources • School Activities • Elementary School Grades|
|Lesson Topics||Fundamentals||Greetings • Introductions • Phonics • Emotions • Weather|
|General||Animals • Adjectives • Body Parts • Clothing • Colors • Food • Shapes • Fruit|
|Time||Time • Days of the Week • Months • Numbers|
|School Life||School Rooms • Classroom Objects • Subjects • Hobbies • Jobs • Sports|
|Locations||Places • Directions • Where • Vehicles • Nature|
|Holidays||Halloween • Christmas|