For ALTs who spend most of their time as T2 (or in some cases T3, even T4), you don't often get chances to create lesson plans and lead a class. Christmas and Halloween time are exceptions to this! So, take this opportunity to show your school what sorts of fun you can provide for the students. All the while learning English!
- Halloween Bingo-Wordsearch. 3rd-6th grade. Do a wordsearch and circle the items found on a Bingo board.
- Halloween Wordsearch. 5th-6th grade. Complete 45 minute lesson plan.
- Halloween Masks. 3rd-4th grade. Complete 45 minute lesson plan.
- Origami ghosts.
- Trick-or-treating. 4th-6th grade. Complete 45 minute lesson plan.
- The Green Ribbon.1-3rd JHS. Read a scary story. Ask students to translate it/retell it in Japanese to the best of their abilities.
Have a party. Have a haunted house, or if you have less time, make some Halloween crafts. Play scary music and wrap a kid in toilet paper like a mummy. Bob for apples. Have students fish for items, where a teacher behind the curtain attaches a prize to their fishing rod. Of course, this takes time to prepare and requires advanced planning with your school.
|Elementary School Topics|
|User-submitted ideas for vocabulary, games, activities, lesson plans, etc.|
|General Topics||Conversation • Lesson Resources • School Activities • Elementary School Grades|
|Lesson Topics||Fundamentals||Greetings • Introductions • Phonics • Emotions • Weather|
|General||Animals • Adjectives • Body Parts • Clothing • Colors • Food • Shapes • Fruit|
|Time||Time • Days of the Week • Months • Numbers|
|School Life||School Rooms • Classroom Objects • Subjects • Hobbies • Jobs • Sports|
|Locations||Places • Directions • Where • Vehicles • Nature|
|Holidays||Halloween • Christmas|