- What's your favorite~?
- What did you have for breakfast?
- How was your weekend?
- How are you?
- Go Fish. 6th grade. Read sentences out loud using a variation of the classic card game.
- English Baseball. Group game using "I like ~." and "You like ~?".
- Teach each grade a different warm up conversation. That way each grade can build its conversation with the addition of the vocab they learned over the previous year(s).
- Conversation is good when the students have freedom in answers and have the opportunity to use English creatively.
|Elementary School Topics|
|User-submitted ideas for vocabulary, games, activities, lesson plans, etc.|
|General Topics||Conversation • Lesson Resources • School Activities • Elementary School Grades|
|Lesson Topics||Fundamentals||Greetings • Introductions • Phonics • Emotions • Weather|
|General||Animals • Adjectives • Body Parts • Clothing • Colors • Food • Shapes • Fruit|
|Time||Time • Days of the Week • Months • Numbers|
|School Life||School Rooms • Classroom Objects • Subjects • Hobbies • Jobs • Sports|
|Locations||Places • Directions • Where • Vehicles • Nature|
|Holidays||Halloween • Christmas|