The Akita Cricket Club was first formed in Yurihonjō by Phil Cooke in March 2008. In May of the same year the Akita Cricket Club made its début in the Tōhoku Cricket Tournament and took top honours by beating Sendai, Morioka and Tōhoku and were crowned Tōhoku champions.
- Sunday, May 25 2008 - Tōhoku Cricket Tournament. Hosted in Sendai (Tomita).
- Akita, Sendai, Morioka, Tōhoku Select VIII. Champions: Akita.
- Monday, Oct 13 2008 - Akita vs Sendai. Hosted in Honjō (Tsurumai Baseball Ground).
- Akita, Sendai. Played 3 games, 2 wins to Sendai, 1 to Akita.
- Sunday, July 5 2009 - Tōhoku Cricket Tournament. Hosted in Honjō (Tsurumai Baseball Ground).
- Akita, Sendai, Morioka. Akita and Sendai 1 draw & 1 loss each; Morioka 2 wins. Champions: Morioka.
- Sunday, Oct 18 2009 - Friendly. Hosted in Sendai (Nakanose Kōen).
- Akita, Sendai. Played 2 games, 1 win each.
- Sunday , Oct 3 2010 - Tōhoku Cricket Tournament. Hosted in Morioka.
- Akita, Sendai, Morioka. Akita 2 losses; Morioka 1 win, 1 loss; Sendai 2 wins. Champions: Sendai.
- Japanese Cricket Assiciation. The report of the Tōhoku Cricket Tournament May 2008.
- Part 1, Part 2 of Captain's Blog Report, Tōhoku Cricket Tournament May 2008.
- Friendly Oct 2009. Blog report.
- Sendai Cricket Club. All the match details.
|Entertainment in Akita|
|Sports||Running • Bicycling • Soccer • Basketball • Cricket • Ground Golf|
|Martial Arts||Kendo • Kyudo • Judo • Naginatado • Karatedo • Sado|
|Outdoors||Hiking/Climbing • Camping • Rafting • Skiing and snowboarding • Hanami • Shrines and Temples|
|Leisure||Onsen • Movies • Museums and zoos • Arcades • Ramen shops • Akita beer • Sake • Doburoku • Cigar stores • Festivals • Taiko • Music festivals|