|Nikaho in Akita|
|Population||26,999 (as of 2012-04-01)|
|Flower||Persian Silk (ねむの花)|
|Address||1 Aza-Hamanota, Kisakata|
Nikaho, Akita 018-0113 (〒018-0192 秋田県にかほ市
Nikaho (にかほ市; -shi) is a city in southeast Akita Prefecture. The city of Nikaho is written in hiragana (にかほ), and the town of Nikaho (located within the city) is written in kanji (仁賀保).
Festivals & Events
- Nikaho International Barbeque. An annual event to encourage intercultural communication and relations through beach parties and BBQs.
- Kisakata Entrance for Mount Chōkai. Great hike to the top of Mount Chōkai. Coming from the north on Route 7 take a left at road 58 (There is a sign for it) and then a right on road 131. Follow road 131 all the way to trail head. The hike time will vary greatly upon your own experience and the weather. You can probably expect it to take between 3 to 5 hours going up and 2 and half to 4 hours going down. It is also important to note that Mount Chōkai has two summits. Having a map or a basic understanding of the Chōkai trails is highly recommended.
- Agariko Daiō (あがりこ大王). See the large 300 year old tree with a trunk of 7.62 metres. Located in Nakajimadai (中島台) on R58, east of Kisakata. Info (Japanese).
- Children's Ferrite & Science Museum (フェライト子ども科学館). Homepage.
- Naso Waterfall
- Tsuchida Farm (土田牧場; tsuchida bokujō). Enjoy the seeing the animals, eating Jersey ice-cream or indulge in a feast of Jingisukan (ジンギスカン). Open Mar~Dec. More info.
- TDK History Museum. A must-see for technology enthusiasts. Experience the famous TeamLab exhibit as well as see the history and the future of science and technology. Address: 〒018-0402 秋田県にかほ市平沢画書面15 (location). Open: Tuesday-Sunday, 10AM - 6PM. Info.
- The Jolly Roger Bar. Located near the Kisakata train station. The bartender and staff are really great. The pirate theme is definitely apparent but not over the top. It also appears as though there is live music played occasionally. It has a great atmosphere, great drinks, and most importantly, great people.
- Blue Pack Chōkai Ramen. As you drive into Kisakata on route 7 from the north, you will pass the road station on your right, about a minute after the road station, you will see a big blue sign that says Route 58. This road is also called the Blue Line (written in katakana). Drive up Route 58 (The Blue Line) until you come to a gas station (it takes maybe 10 minutes to get to the gas station from Route 7). At the intersection where the gas station is, take a right. Follow the road until it ends in a wall, park in front of the wall. The restaurant is on your left. It's worth driving all the way up just for the ramen, but in addition to the ramen, there is a beautiful waterfall (Naso Waterfall) that you can get to if you walk up the stairs in the wall.
- Nodoka (農土香). The full name of this restaurant is 食育工房農土香 which translates to something like "Nutritional Education Workshop Nodoka". They serve excellent quality food, that has been prepared on site. The owner makes all his own udon, soba, and makes rice bread and rice bread pizzas. ☎ 0184-36-2509. Info (Japanese). Official Homepage (Japanese). Map: 秋田県にかほ市院内字ヒシカタ201-2.
- Nemu no Yu (ねむの湯). Located on the 4th floor of the Kisakata Road station. There is a beautiful view of the Sea of Japan. Facilities include a cold bath, a bubbling hot bath and a hot bath with red-tinted water. 秋田県にかほ市象潟町字大塩越７３−１
- Kakusensou (鶴泉荘). Also known as: Yunotai onsen (湯の台温泉). 秋田県にかほ市象潟町横岡字目貫谷地1
- Ushū Onsen Seaside Hotel (羽州温泉 シーサイド ホテル). 秋田県 にかほ市象潟町字琴和喜58-23
- Tatsumi Kanyou Hotel (たつみ寛洋ホテル). 秋田県 にかほ市象潟町後田116-5
- Kaien Shōbū Sō (海苑焦風荘). 秋田県にかほ市象潟町字中橋町50
- Sun Nemunoki (サン・ねむの木). 秋田県にかほ市象潟町字才の神31
- Hamanasu Onsen (はまなす). Onsen, rotenburo and sauna. Located in Konoura Town. Tel: 0184-38-2246. Homepage.
- Konoura Onsen (金浦温泉). This onsen used to be a school!
- Ichie (いちゑ). Access to this onsen is restricted to people who have lunch (11am-1pm) or stay overnight. Lunch costs about ¥ 900 and includes price of onsen.
- Gonohama Onsen (午ノ浜温泉). Open 9:00-21:00, closed on Wednesdays. 秋田県にかほ市三森字午ノ浜144-1
- Kami no Yu Onsen (神の湯温泉). Open 13:00-22:00. Facilities include a power jet massager, point massager and a denkiburo (electric bath) sauna and cold bath. For washing only bars of soap are provided, but you can buy liquid soap at the reception. Male and female bath change daily between genki no yu (元気の湯) and chōju no yu (長寿の湯). 秋田県にかほ市平沢字家ノ後３
- Ichie (いちゑ). A fancy and expensive onsen ryokan. Tel: 0184-37-2000 Homepage
- Hirasawa Elementary School (平沢小学校). Central Nikaho.
- Innai Elementary School (院内小学校). Just south of Nikaho.
- Konoura Elementary School (金浦小学校)
- Kisakata Elementary School (象潟小学校)
Junior High Schools
- Kisakata Junior High School (象潟中学校).
- Konoura Junior High School (金浦中学校).
- Nikaho Junior High School (仁賀保中学校).
Senior High Schools
- Nikaho High School (仁賀保高等学校). Central Nikaho.
- Kamagadai Elementary School (釜ヶ台小学校). Closed in 2010.
- Kamagadai Junior High School (釜ヶ台中学校). Closed in 2010.
- Koide Elementary School (小出小学校). East of Konoura. Closed in 2015.
- Kamihama Elementary School (上浜小学校). Southern Kisakata. Closed in 2018.
- Kamigo Elementary School (上郷小学校). East of Kisakata. Closed in 2018.
|Northern Akita||Fujisato • Happō • Kamikoani • Kazuno • Kitaakita • Kosaka • Mitane • Noshiro • Ōdate|
|Central Akita||Akita City • Gojōme • Hachirōgata • Ikawa • Katagami • Oga • Ōgata • Semboku|
|Southern Akita||Daisen • Higashinaruse • Misato • Nikaho • Ugo • Yokote • Yurihonjō • Yuzawa|