Honjo Yuri Recitation and Speech Contest 2010
The 2010 Honjo-Yuri Recitation & Speech Contest was held on Tuesday September 14th from 8:20 to 16:00 at Tsurumai Kaikan in Honjo.
|1||Michika Yanagibashi||2||Nishime||The Big Dipper||2:35||Good|
|2||Nagi Harata||3||Honjo Minami||The Fall of Freddie the Leaf||3:20||Very good|
|3||Nozomi Takeda||3||Ouchi||The Spider's Thread||4:02||Good|
|4||Mako Sato||3||Nikaho||October Sky||4:35||Good|
|6||Fuya Sato||2||Dewa||Rocket Boys||4:32||Very good|
|7||Meari Nagayama||3||Higashiyuri||The Giving Tree||4:25||Good|
|8||Yuki Togase||3||Honjo Higashi||A Mother's Lullaby||2:58||Very good|
|10||Shizuka Suto||3||Kisakata||A Mother's Lullaby||3:20||Good|
|11||Mai Kyono||3||Honjo Kita||The Fall of Freddie the Leaf||4:13||Very good|
|12||Yuko Takahashi||3||Chokai||The Wisest Man in the World||4:12||Excellent|
|13||Toru Ishikawa||3||Yuri||The Wisest Man in the World||3:18||Good|
|14||Ririko Abe||3||Iwaki||The Wisest Man in the World||3:50||Good|
|1||Keiji Sato||3||Konoura||What Does Internationalization Mean?||4:47||Good|
|2||Saori Ogasawara||2||Dewa||My Trip to Realization||4:33||Very good|
|3||Koharu Takahashi||3||Higashiyuri||The Journey for Our Goals||4:30||Very good|
|4||Shiho Kuroki||3||Chokai||Beyond My Tears||4:35||Excellent|
|5||Moeko Hatayama||3||Yashima||I am a Country Mouse||4:40||Good|
|6||Miyu Saito||3||Nikaho||Only One Earth||4:47||Good|
|7||Saki Moriyama||3||Honjo Minami||My Gifts from Senior Citizens||3:27||Very good|
|8||Sayumi Higuchi||3||Iwaki||Ocean and Trash||4:29||Good|
|9||Yuki Hatakeyama||3||Yuri||Things I Learned Through Softball||3:16||Good|
|10||Manae Kon||3||Kisakata||To My Many Friends||3:04||Good|
|11||Midori Shoji||3||Ouchi||The Rich Life||3:52||Good|
|12||Yuto Sato||3||Nishime||Building My Dream||3:55||Good|
|13||Sae Minami||3||Honjo Kita||Troubled Teenagers||3:37||Very good|
|14||Anri Sugawara||3||Honjo Higashi||My Dream of Going to Scotland||4:20||Good|
|準備||Preparation||8:20 ~ 8:50|
|受付||Reception||8:50 ~ 9:20|
|開会式||Opening Ceremony||9:20 ~ 9:30|
|暗唱・弁論||Recitation & Speeches||9:30 ~ 12:30|
|昼食||Lunch||12:30 ~ 13:30|
|交流会||Cultural Exchange*||13:30 ~ 14:30|
|閉会式||Closing Ceremony||14:30 ~ 15:00|
|記念撮影||Photograph time||15:00 ~ 15:10|
Each year the ALTs have an hour long cultural exchange with the students. The 2010 cultural exchange lesson was organized by Owen. The plan was as follows.
12 ALTs will be present, 6 will have a table, and 6 will not. About 28 students will be present, each will have a worksheet, and students from the same school will form a pair.
|Owen||Information||Hurling, Gaelic football, Irish Dancing, Irish Language, Irish Music, Potatoes,|
|Jeremy||Information||Edmund Hillary, NZ geography, Maori language, NZ working holiday,NZ and Japan, All Blacks|
|Michael||Information||American Bicycle culture, American artists, Architecture, Geographic wonders, Comic books, Classic cars|
|Stephanie||Music||Native American music|
|Amanda||Pin the Tail on the Donkey|
|Douglas||Money and coin tricks|
|Margaret||Tic Tac Toe|
Interaction with the students will begin with the ALT briefly introducing him/herself (your name, age, country). The students will then have to find the ALT's name on the worksheet. The ALT will then present each student with a purikura picture (of the ALT) which the student will stick onto their worksheet.
ALTs with a table have one of the following two roles to play.
- (I) Information people should choose 6 interesting things/places/people about their country and prepare pictures and props appropriate to each. A student will throw a dice. The ALT will then describe the thing/place/person that corresponds with the dice number to both students.
- (M) Music people should choose a traditional song or a song they feel represents their country well. They will play this song to the student pair at their desk, so you must organise a way of doing this. Laptops generally are not loud enough on their own (as things become loud during this time), so separate speakers and an extension power cable will probably be required. You should also tell the students about the song.
ALTs without a table, will be standing between two tables, have the following role.
- Teach and play a fun activity with each pair for about 4 minutes. This can be any activity or game from your home country (best) or another. If you are stuck for inspiration speak to your sempais.
- All ALTs. Purikura pictures (the 32 set option).
- Table ALTs (I). 6 topics, props, and dice.
- Table ALTs (M). Music, music player, power extension cord.
- No table ALTs. Props for activity.
- Kimura Taro (Yuri Technical High School)
- Hatakeyama Keisuke (Nishime High School)
- Austin Bell (Nikaho High School)
Tsurumai Kaikan (鶴舞会館)